I just got home from playing 18 holes. I played well…on about 5 holes. The rest was a train wreck. Oh well. Now I sit down with Sean and Kerry to try out Pike Monk’s Uncle Tripel Ale that they bought in Seattle in May. We’re finally getting a chance to sit down and drink the delicious beverage.
* Kerry: Cloves
* Sean: Hops “odor” (note: I taught Sean the better word is “aroma” or “scent” vs “odor”.
* Lost: Bananas and bready.
Quite a mixed bag!
* Everyone says it is smooth.
* Sean: Mostly bitter
* Kerry: Slightly bitter
* Lost: Spicy, bitter, no bananas.
Sidenote: We all agree that we could get in a lot of trouble, given that the beer doesn’t feel/taste like a 9%er.
* Sean: Not the type beer I would generally enjoy, but this one was good.
* Lost: Not the best beer I’ve ever had, and not the worse. The taste was a little too funky for me.
* Kerry: Smooth, easy to drink. Perfect for getting “hammad”.