Hoppin’ Frog Bodacious Black and Tan

Hoppin' Frog Bodacious Black & Tan

9:21pm. I’m hungry. But alas, I continue to eat careful and hit the gym in preparation for Cancun in April. Late evening snacking right before bed is a bad idea…especially when I’m about to drink a bomber of stout!

Hoppin' Frog Bodacious Black & Tan

Tonight I’m trying my first ever black & tan – Hoppin’ Frog Bodacious Black and Tan. According to the label, it’s 67% IPA and 33% stout. INTERESTING! I expect it to be similar to a black IPA.

Hoppin' Frog Bodacious Black & Tan

After a few sips I can tell you that Hoppin’ Frog knows what they are doing. The beer is mostly (like 67% on the button) IPA. Hop flavors are mostly citrus. The other 33% of the flavor consists of a sweet chocolate stout-ishness.

Bodacious Black and Tan is bodaciously well balanced. Fans of “the bitter” will love the strong hop flavor up front. Fans of stout will love the roasted malt backbone that helps even out the bitterness.

Despite being a 7.6% dark beer, I find the beer reasonably drinkable. Overall, VERY enjoyable!

Hoppin' Frog Bodacious Black & Tan

Author: Joshua Dion

I write about beer in an un-intimidating way, welcoming beer lovers of all experience levels.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *